1.3 Exploring Bee-Bot Lesson Plan
- Discover how a Bee-Bot moves
Links to the Early Years Learning Framework
Outcome 4: Children are confident and involved learners:
- Children will be involved in hands-on exploration that is flexible and open-ended.
- Children will work in pairs.
- One Bee-Bot per pair of children
- whole class (5 minutes):
- Conversation about what is robotics.
- Introduce the Bee-bot.
- Leading questions. What is a robot?
- In pairs children have 10 minutes to discover features of a Bee-Bot
- Turn it off and on
- What moves it has L,R,F,B, pause, GO.
- Teach the Teacher: Teach me how to .... forward, back, clear button (debug the code)
- Give children more discovery time so they gain confidence in programming the Bee-Bot to follow their instructions.
Bee-Bot Facts to Know
- Memory of up to 40 steps
- Moves in 15cm steps
- Sounds and flashing eyes confirm your instructions